Creating a Podcast!
Podcasts are taking the entertainment world by storm. They are streamable and downloadable audio entertainment, easy for on-the-go listening. Simply put, they are internet radio shows on demand.
The first podcast launched in 2004 with a computer program that could download internet radio shows to iPod MP3 players. Today, podcasting is increasing in popularity as an entertainment- and information-sharing platform. Podcast topics range from narratives to news, cooking and murder mysteries to informative talks on almost every topic imaginable.
Podcasts are usually released as a series with new episodes available at regular intervals, similar to how episodes of TV shows are broadcast on a schedule. Episodes vary in length and there is no standard time for a podcast. Most series tend to keep episodes to similar lengths, but running time is up to the creator.
What Is A Podcast? Here's How To Listen To A Podcast
- You must come up with the script, structure, etc
- You must record your script
- Must have introduction with music
- Must have ending with music
- All music MUST be created by YOU. No pre-made “pop music.” Music must be royalty free.
- Length: 2:00-3:00 minutes in length.